Start Date: 4/24/2019 9:00 AM CDT
End Date: 4/24/2019 4:45 PM CDT
Venue Name: Shanghai World Expo Exhibition & Convention Center Location:
1099 Guozhan Rd, Pudong Xinqu
Shanghai Shi, China
Held at 2019 SMTA China East Technical Conference (in conjunction with NEPCON China 2019)
Meeting room #9
Organized by: iNEMI
Co-organizer: SMTA China, Reed Exhibition
Registration is coming soon.
Early bird Registration: $100 USD until March 31
After March 31: $120 USD
Pricing covers workshop presentations, lunch coupon, coffee/tea breaks and water.
(Fee is waived for invited speakers.)
The advent of new, emerging product markets — such as ultra-mobile devices, wearables, IoT products, autonomous driving cars, versatile medical devices, virtual and augmented reality devices, unmanned aerial vehicles, and artificial intelligence (AI) machines — is demanding significant evolution in board assembly technology.
This evolution has driven miniaturization of components, making smaller and thinner packages and boards the norm. This, in turn, has created a need to modify existing materials and processes and develop new ones to ensure acceptable yield as well as product reliability.
New materials development is driven by product application needs. For example, solders that melt at lower temperatures can reduce energy costs. They also reduce component and board warpage as well and component and PCB materials degradation.
Purpose of the Workshop
This workshop will provide an interactive forum where participants can discuss and share information about such topics as:
- New developments and future plans for low-temperature solder materials and techniques
- Results from iNEMI’s BiSn-Based Low-Temperature Soldering Process and Reliability project
- Innovations required to improve yield and quality
- Impact of future product and technology requirements on solder materials and processes
- Processability, reliability and failure mechanism of low-temperature solder materials
- Collaborative project opportunities to streamline low-temperature solder technology development and deployment in the industry
||iNEMI Low-Temperature Solder project update
||OEM/ODM speakers (requirements, reliability)
||OEM/ODM speakers (processability, failure mechanisms)
||Solder supplier, institute/component
||Presentations from panel participants