Start Date: 3/4/2019 9:00 AM PST
End Date: 3/4/2019 5:00 PM PST
Venue Name: San Diego Convention Center Location:
111 W Harbor Dr
San Diego, CA United States 92101
Monday, March 4, 2019
9:00 am – 5:00 pm PDT
OFC 2019 - Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition at the San Diego Convention Center
Room 17B, Upper Level
The iNEMI Optoelectronics Technology Integration Group (TIG) has scheduled a one-day session to coincide with the optical communications industry's conference.
The session will review the iNEMI’s development of cleanliness specification for expanded beam connectors Phase III project, discuss the different expanded beam connector technologies, connector needs for next generation of Datacom/Telecom products, and challenges in developing a largescale photonics devices.
In addition, Terry Smith, 3M will provide an iNEMI Expanded-Beam Module Interface Program Update, where a review of the proposed Phase II of the project will be discussed.
This program is well aligned with AIM, iNEMI, MIT MicroPhotonics Consortium, and industrial roadmaps. These roadmaps predict that silicon-photonics-based transceiver modules will provide the most cost-effective solutions for on-board interconnections in the future.
The session will review the iNEMI 2019 Optoelectronics roadmap and initiate the discussion on Optoelectronics 2019 gap analysis.
Agenda of Meeting:
- 9:00 - 9:15 am PST Introductions and INEMI Overview: Grace O'Malley, iNEMI
- 9:15 - 9:30 am Call for Participation: Development of cleanliness specification for expanded beam connectors project Phase III, Tom Mitcheltree, USConec
- 9:30 - 9:50 SM Expanded Beam Connectors and new connector technologies, Tom Mitcheltree, USConec
- 9:50 - 10:10 Detailed Data Collection Procedure for SM Expanded Beam IL/RL and Imaging Experiments, Doug Wilson, Fiber QA
- 10:10 - 10:30 The Effect of Dust on Singlemode Expanded Beam Connectors, Michael Kadar-Kallen, Commscope
- 10.30 - 10:50 "iNEMI Expanded-Beam Module Interface Program Update", Terry Smith, 3M
- 10:50 - 11:20 Maximum Loss Estimation for Concatenated Fiber Links with Prizm MT and MPO/MTP connectors, Toshiaki Satake, US Conec
- 11:20 - 11:50 Large Scale Repeatability Testing using Chrome on Glass Targets with Multiple Part Emulation, Doug Wilson, FiberQA
- 12:00 - 1:30 pm Lunch
- 1:30 - 2:00 pm Paul Fortier, IBM, "Optical connector challenges for opto- electronic switches.
- 2:00 - 2:20 Challenges in developing a large scale photonics device, Eric Bernier, Huawei
- 2:20- 2.40 pm "CS and SN connectors", Tiger Ninomiya, Senko
- 2:40- 3:00 pm Air Gap Connectors by SEI & Senko, Takayuki Shimazu, Sumitomo Electric
- 3:00- 3.20 pm Single Mode Expanded Beam Connector, Akito Nishimura, Fujikura
- 3:20 - 4:00 iNEMI Roadmap, Optoelectronics Gaps analysis working session, Grace O'Malley iNEMI
- 4:00 - 4:30 pm Wrap up/Summary
To gain access to Room 17B, Upper Level a complimentary Exhibit Pass Plus
badge is required by OFC.
A complimentary Exhibit Pass Plus
badge can be picked up at the registration desk inside of Exhibit Hall A or by registering here
All meetings are open to anyone interested in attending.
Please click here for more information regarding the OFC Conference.
For Further Details