Start Date: 11/9/2016 2:00 PM EST
End Date: 11/10/2016 9:00 PM EST
Venue Name: Georgia Tech Global Learning Center Location:
84 5th Street NW
Atlanta, GA United States 30308-1031
Wednesday, November 9
2:00-6:00 p.m. Technical Sessions
6:00-9:00 p.m. Grand Reception
Thursday, November 10
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Technical Sessions
6:00-9:00 p.m. Student Poster Session, Networking Event and Student Poster Awards
Georgia Tech and SEMI to launch this workshop, in partnership with iNEMI, IMAPS and IEEE.
This new era of automotive electronics features the most complex electronics technology to date and includes not only computing and communications electronics, autonomous driving electronics, and sensing electronics but also high-power and high-temperature electronics. Automotive electronics are expected to account for one-third of the value of the car, thus creating a market of ~$1T within a decade. The challenges to address this market may be grouped into two broad categories: 1) research and development of key technologies, and 2) technology ecosystem stewardship to enable swift and cost-efficient commercialization.
The basis of this workshop is the synergy between Georgia Tech in R&D in partnership with its 50 supply-chain companies and SEMI in technology stewardship. This is complemented by the strength of co-sponsors such as iNEMI in roadmaps, and IEEE-CPMT and IMAPS as global electronics societies.
- Autonomous driving: Cameras, radar and lidar
- Electric Cars: Co-design and fabrication of GaN and SiC devices and packages for high power
- Computing and communications: High bandwidth wireless (5G), digital (2.5D / 3D) and photonic Si and glass technologies
- High-temperature and high-reliability: substrates, components, interconnections, encapsulants and reliability mechanisms
- Cross supply-chain collaborative platforms to assess technology options and business risks
- Supply-chain enablement and development of standards and roadmaps
, including registration, program schedule, hotels. iNEMI members, please contact Dee-Dee Taylor
to get the special ID number to register.