Start Date: 1/31/2019 8:00 AM PST
End Date: 1/31/2019 2:00 PM PST
Venue Name: San Diego Convention Center Location:
111 W Harbor Dr
San Diego, CA United States 92101
Registration is Open. Click Here to Join.
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 - 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
BZ6: iNEMI NEXT GENERATION SOLDER MATERIALS WORKSHOP
Location Room 4.
iNEMI will be hosting a workshop at APEX Expo 2019 in San Diego, California. This is a free event open to the industry. This will be an interactive workshop with both speakers and panel sessions focused on the users’ needs and materials development. Come along to learn about and participate in the future developments of soldering in our industry.
This workshop is one of the APEX Buzz Sessions. Even if you don’t register for the full conference, you can access our workshop with an exhibit hall registration, which is free through online registration until Saturday, January 26, then $40 online and onsite after January 26.
Click here for IPC registration packages.
In addition to registering with APEX please click here to let us know you’re coming (for our planning purposes)!
Agenda of Workshop
- 8am – Keynote session
- 9am – Session 1 –Market Needs
- 4 x 15 mins speakers + 30 mins Q&A panel
- 10.45am – Session 2- Processing Issues
- 4 x 15 min + 30 mins Q&A Panel discussion
- 12.15 to 1.15pm – Session 3- Breakout Groups
- 1.15pm – report out - Top 5 To Dos for industry in 3/5 key areas
- 1.30pm Discussion
- 2pm – Close
Keynote Speakers are:
Dr. Carl Bilgrien, Vice President of Innovation, Alpha Assembly Solutions: “Technology Roadmap to Meet Next-Generation Assembly Challenges”
Ashay Dani, Director, Materials Technology Development, Assembly Technology Development, Intel Corporation: “Advanced Packaging Materials – Challenges and Opportunities”
Purpose of the Workshop
Who Should Attend
- Update the new and future plans of solder materials development in the industry
- Increase understanding of the processability and reliability challenges encountered in adopting new solder materials
- Discuss the things to be done to improve the yield and quality
- Communicate iNEMI and others solder technology related projects outputs and status
- Provide inputs to roadmap regarding the challenges for the industry
- Identify potential collaborative project opportunities to streamline the technology development and deployment in the industry
Please click here for more information.
For Further Details
- Solder material researchers and suppliers
- Process and reliability engineers
- Technical leaders from OEM/ODMs
- PCB suppliers
- Packages and components makers