Intel’s Mostafa Aghazadeh Elected Chairman of iNEMI’s Board

MORRISVILLE, NC (July 7, 2020) — The International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative (iNEMI) today announced that Mostafa Aghazadeh of Intel has been elected Chairman of the iNEMI Board of Directors.

Aghazedeh is Corporate Vice President and Director of Die Prep & Assembly Technology Development at Intel Corporation in Chandler, Arizona (see biography and photo). He has served on the iNEMI Board since 2013 and replaces Jean-Luc Pelissier of Universal Instruments, who has served as Chair since 2018. 

“Mostafa is a recognized leader in the technology industry with strong expertise, and he has been an omnipresent, very dedicated member of the board and a strong supporter of iNEMI for many years,” said Pelissier. “We have worked together closely and I have always valued his insights and guidance. I have no doubt that he will provide excellent leadership to iNEMI as Chairman of the Board. His knowledge of the industry and deep relationship network will be a tremendous asset to the organization.”

“Mostafa and I first worked together on the board when I was representing a member company, and have continued to do so since I took over as iNEMI’s CEO,” said Marc Benowitz. “He is a strong advocate for iNEMI and collaborative research. He has not only helped guide iNEMI during his years on the board but has also been a strong ambassador for the consortium throughout the electronics manufacturing supply chain. I look forward to working with him even more closely as Chairman. I also want to thank Jean-Luc for his tremendously valuable partnership and leadership as Board Chair, and look forward to his continued contributions on the board.”

About iNEMI

The International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative’s mission is to forecast and accelerate improvements in the electronics manufacturing industry for a sustainable future. The consortium is made up of approximately 80 manufacturers, suppliers, industry associations and consortia, government agencies, research institutes and universities. iNEMI roadmaps the needs of the electronics industry, identifies gaps in the technology infrastructure, executes collaborative projects to eliminate these gaps (both business and technical) and stimulates standards activities to speed the introduction of new technologies. The consortium also works with government agencies, universities and other funding agencies to set priorities for future industry needs and R&D initiatives. iNEMI is based in Morrisville, North Carolina, USA. For additional information, visit http://www.inemi.org.

For additional information:
Cynthia Williams
cwilliams@inemi.org
+1 (207) 671-7780