Wayne Rifer (Green Electronics Council)
Project Leader: Lisa Dender (IBM)
Call for Participation Webinar
Project Statement and Statement of Work
- A mass based reusability and recyclability rate:
- Depends on data which is not readily available (BoM, RRR rates)
- Does not specify the costs/revenues of reuse and recycling
- Does not specify the ability to practically separate and liberate the components and materials
- Identify design measure to improve material choice, material and component liberation (materials + liberation + circular economy impacts)
- Identify product-related cost factors influencing economic feasibility of reuse and recycling
- Identify weighing factors
- Get ahead of regulation
- Develop a metric system that can be applied to different electronic products
- To develop a scoring system (qualitative/semi-quantitative) which assesses the ability – economic feasibility and physical practicality – to separate and liberate the materials from ICT products (product category specific).
- To develop a weighing factor which quantifies the quality of the reused and recycled materials (exergy, cumulated energy demand, price, environmental impact).
- To develop a product end of life value score (includes reuse and recycling) – 3 tier scope of material choice, product design and regional recovery factors (what is the net value of the design/material and need choices).
- Investigate and engage with key standards or similar organizations to promote the use of our findings.
Steps for Joining the Project
Please note: iNEMI membership is required to participate in this project sign-up. Initial sign-up has ended, but you can still join the project with team consent. Steps for joining the project follow.
For iNEMI members:
- Complete and sign the project statement
- Fax the completed statement(s) to +1 (703) 834-2735 or scan and email to email@example.com
For Additional Information