Sze Pei Lim, Indium
Binghua Pan, Delphi
- Click here to access form to download presentation (March 23, 2017).
- This webinar was open to members and non-members.
Statement of Work and Project Statement
- There is no single identified drop-in solution for high-temp Pb-free material for die-attach that can replace current high Pb options.
- Higher junction temperature for under-the-hood automotive application requires higher reliability alloys which can fulfill the stringent TCT requirement.
Purpose of Project
- The purpose of this project is to assess the processability and reliability of different Pb-free materials available for power semiconductor die-attach application on leadframe or ceramic substrate, which is using Pb-containing material currently. This is one of the challenges in material identified in 2013 iNEMI Packaging Technology Roadmap chapter.
- This project is phased approaches. Phase 1 is to conduct the benchmarking on the technology or material availability and trends with current POR material and process. Phase 2 is to perform the experiment to ensure the reliability performances by selecting the material candidates.
- The anticipated benefits are to provide the various options of material solutions from the two phased projects.
- Application targets – Power MOSFET, IGBT modules, Integrated Power modules.
Steps for Joining the Project
Please note: iNEMI membership is required to participate in this project sign-up. Sign up ended May 15, 2016. If you are interested in signing up for this project, you will have to be voted in by the current project team. Steps for joining the project follow.
For iNEMI members:
- Complete and sign the project statement
- Fax the completed statement(s) to +1 (703) 834-2735 or scan and email to email@example.com