NOW ON SALE
The 2017 Roadmap is now on sale. Get pricing information.
About this Roadmap
The 2017 Roadmap is a global collaborative effort that involves many individuals who are leading experts in their respective fields and represent many perspectives on the electronics manufacturing supply chain. More than 500 individuals from at least 22 countries, and representing more than 350 corporations, consortia, government agencies and universities came together to create the 2017 Roadmap.
This latest edition is our largest to date. With 2300+ pages, the 2017 Roadmap contains seven Product Emulator Group (PEG) chapters that anticipate the product needs of the future. They define the technology needs of key market segments by focusing on the market demands and functionality requirements of seven industry segments. New this year is the Internet of Things (IoT) chapters.
In addition to the product segments, there are 21 Technology Working Group (TWG) chapters that identify key technology developments anticipated and required within the electronics manufacturing supply chain to meet product needs between now and 2027.
- iNEMI Roadmap on MEMS & Sensors, Haley Fu (iNEMI), presented at FlexJapan 2018 (April 20, 2018; Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan)
- Selected Highlights from the 2017 iNEMI Roadmap and Projects to Address Identified Gaps, presented by Bill Bader to Pan Pacific Microelectronics Symposium (February 6, 2018; Big Island, Hawaii, USA)
- iNEMI Sustainability Roadmap and Environmental Projects; presented by Bill Bader to IEEE SusTech 2017 (November 13, 2017; Phoenix, Arizona, USA)
- 2017 iNEMI Selected Roadmap Highlights Impacting Board Assembly Over the Next 5-10 Years; presented by Paul Wang to SMTA Ohio Chapter Meeting (November 10, 2017)
- NextFlex Webinar: Flexible Hybrid Electronics Roadmap, Dan Gamota (Jabil) and Jason Marsh (NextFlex) (October 24, 2017)
- Highlights of iNEMI 2017 Roadmap; presented by Steve Payne (iNEMI) to ICT-Institute of Circuit Technology (September 19, 2017; Hayling Island, United Kingdom)
- 2017 iNEMI Roadmap Highlights Impacting Board Assembly Over the Next 5-10 Years; Luncheon Keynote at SMTAI; Bill Bader, iNEMI CEO (September 18, 2017; Rosemont, Illinois, USA)
- 2017 iNEMI Roadmap, presented by Alan Rae (iNEMI Consultant) at ICSR Conference (June 7, 2017; Markham, Ontario)
- Click here for a list of other roadmap presentations
Product Emulator Group (PEG) Chapters
The 2017 iNEMI Roadmap will contain seven chapters that anticipate the product needs of the future. They define the future technology needs of “virtual generic products” from key market segments by focusing on the market demands and functionality requirements of these industry segments.
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer / Office Systems
- High-End Systems (servers, computing, netcom - network/datacom/telecom/cloud)
- Internet of Things (IoT) (new PEG)
- Portable / Wireless
Technology Working Group (TWG) Chapters
The remaining 21 chapters of the 2017 Roadmap will identify technology and infrastructure trends. They focus on the key technology capabilities and developments anticipated and required within the electronics manufacturing supply chain to meet anticipated product needs between now and 2027.
|Ceramic Substrates & PV Technology
||Packaging & Component Substrates
||Power Conversion Electronics
||RF Components & Subsystems
|Flexible Hybrid Electronics
||Solid State Illumination
|Mass Data Storage
||Test, Inspection & Measurement
|MEMS / Sensors
|Modeling, Simulation & Design Tools