Billy Ahn, STATS ChipPAC
Anthony Yang, CoreTech System Co., Ltd. (Moldex3D)
Call for Participation Webinar
Statement of Work and Project Statement
- A number of Integrated and minimized package solutions has been developed in IC package industry. Markets such as the mobile, consumer and wearable devices are requiring smaller and thinner package solutions. One of the solutions to meet this challenging assessment is System in Package (SiP). SiP is able to meet low package profile which is required of thinning die, small pitches of each component.
- Because SiP solutions address the market trend of smaller size with high performance, and allow designers to have various options to place components and add more components with less cost and less cycle time with using existing components and changing components position, SiP packaging solutions will form a large segment of the packaging industry in the future.
- SiP package solutions can be very complex due to the increasing number of IC packages and passive components in given space, and the narrower gap between die-to-passive or passive-to-passive, the narrower clearance between mold top to components top as well. High density and complexity of components in the package can increase the risk of molding process. There needs to be a good understanding of the filling characteristics relative to the density of components and of the failure modes such as incomplete fill, void and solder bridges.
Purpose of Project
- Provide basic design rules based on mold flow simulation for a variety of cases with component of different geometries. Verify the validity of the simulation results through experimental work.
Steps for Joining the Project
Please note: iNEMI membership is required to participate in this project sign-up. Sign up ended June 4, 2016. All new sign-ups after that date must be approved by the project team. Steps for joining the project follow.
For iNEMI members:
- Complete and sign the project statement (coming soon)
- Fax the completed statement(s) to +1 (703) 834-2735 or scan and email to email@example.com